First and foremost we are looking for a spiritually mature person with ministry experience and management skills. Experience of working in hospitality is preferable but not essential, as training and ongoing mentoring will be given. This is an exciting role in a fast-paced, front line environment.
Responsibility for: Day to day supervising/managing of the Miracle Café and overseeing the team
Hours: Full Time (to be agreed)
Pay: To be agreed
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will ensure a quality customer experience, a motivated team and warm hospitality for all.
- Overseeing and managing the team, motivating, and inspiring them in good customer service, quality control, health & hygiene and overseeing the powerful spiritual ministry
- Key holder responsibilities including opening and closing and ensuring the café is secure at all times. Setting up and closing the café each day as per various schedules.
- Report on a regular basis to Miracle Cafes Management team on all relevant issues or general concerns.
- Attend and lead team and staff meetings as appropriate.
- Willingness to attend training as appropriate, including Ministry, Food Hygiene and ongoing Health & Safety training.
- Barista Training, including the development of team members and refresher training
- To manage staff rotas, hours, holidays and wage sheets
- To assist with the ordering and storage of food, beverages and cleaning products liaising with the Chef
- Stock take as requested by Traded Services. Maintain adequate stock levels
- Ensure team members adhere to current policies.
- Be responsible for the smooth running of the café during events/functions – this will include catering, hosting and possible late-night opening.
- To be professional, polite, and well-presented whilst providing and maintaining excellent customer care at all times.
- Ensure the coffee machines and kitchen equipment are in good working order and maintained on a regular basis.
- Maintain clean and tidy cafe areas, including clearing of tables, floors and waste areas
- Oversee the promotion and advertising of café services, activities and products, completing all required paperwork
- Ensure the daily and weekly cleaning schedules are completed to a high standard
- Supervise deliveries
- Cash handling, float management and till reconciliation daily. Staff training on till operations and implementing till and pricing updates with the chef.
- Organise weekly staff rotas, evaluate work schedules on a daily basis and distribute key tasks to staff.
- Overseeing the FOH supervisor and Chef to ensure good working relationships are maintained between kitchen and front of house, within a fast-paced and pressurised environment
- Working with the management team to develop good practice, event ideas, functions and promotions
- Assisting with drink and food planning and pricing, ordering of consumables and equipment
- Assisting with FOH duties – greeting customers, taking orders, making drinks, serving food, taking payments, overseeing and providing spiritual ministry
- Overseeing the preparation of drinks and food ensuring they match menu specifications and meet the quality standard
- Assisting with design and advice of cafe remodelling or upgrading where necessary
- Adhering to Food Safety Standards, maintaining high levels of cleanliness in the kitchen at all times – we expect to maintain a 5* Hygiene rating at all times
- Ensuring accurate records are kept, including food hygiene records according to regulators guidance, staff timesheets etc, and provide performance reports as required by the management team
- Supporting and training young people in café-based work experience encouraging them to gain skills and work-based qualifications to improve their employability
- Overseeing interns, offering practical training and support
- Supporting and training the FOH team including interns and volunteers in Christian ministry (healing, prophecy etc), overseeing good practice and excellent customer experience
- Ensuring every customer is offered spiritual ministry and best practice is adhered to
- Developing supplier networks and ensure a good reputation for using high quality, locally sourced ingredients
- Available to work flexible hours
- Share good practice when required with other Miracle Café team members from other locations
- Ensuring good quality and regular content is posted on social media and advertising
- Handling payments and cash
- Ensuring the Cafe is profitable and working to targets
- Any other duties proportionate with the role as required by management
Personal requirements, skills & qualifications
||Spiritual maturity & experience of praying for healing, prophecy, deliverance etc
A heart to serve others
|A relevant industry recognised qualification and certificates
Knowledge of baristas/FOH and associated equipment management
Passionate about hospitality
School of Ministry graduate
|Work Related Experience:
||Management/supervisory/leadership skills and experience
||Experience of working in the hospitality industry
|Skills/Abilities & Special Attributes:
||Friendly, outgoing & cheerful
Hands-on ministry experience
Positive & encouraging
A ‘people’ person
Adaptable to change
Calm under pressure
Operate in gifts of the Spirit
Ability to train and motivate others
Social media skills
||A strong Christian faith