Miracle Cafés CIC is an exciting new Community Interest venture combining local food and hospitality outlets with Christian Ministry on a global scale.
Miracle Café Bangor will be our flagship restaurant, located in Gwynedd, North Wales, and will serve to provide not only the best quality food and service, but a venue for the spiritual needs of the community, a work based training facility for young people entering the hospitality sector plus practical ministry training and a meeting space for our local Spirit Lifestyle Classes.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and faith filled team to join us in our mission to reach into the local community! Could that be You?
Responsible to: Miracle Cafés CIC Management Team
Responsibility for: Front of house and work experience trainees
Hours: Full Time (to be agreed)
Pay: £19,000-£24,000 pro rata depending on experience
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will ensure a seamless and quality customer experience for customers at the Miracle Café. They will manage bookings, greet guests, escort them to tables and are there to resolve any customer issues or complaints, take orders and payment, and oversee waiting on staff and trainees.
- Helping to manage waiting-on staff, motivating, and inspiring them in good customer service
- Helping to organise weekly staff rotas, evaluate work schedules on a daily basis and distribute key tasks to waiting-on staff.
- Working alongside the chef to ensure good working relationships are maintained between kitchen and table waiting-on staff, within a fast-paced and pressurised environment
- Working with the management team to develop good practice, event ideas and promotions
- Assisting with drink and snacks planning and pricing
- Overseeing the preparation of drinks and refreshments ensuring they match menu specifications and meet the quality standard
- Assisting with design and advice of cafe remodelling where necessary
- Adhering to Food Safety Standards, maintaining high levels of cleanliness in the kitchen at all times – we expect to maintain a 5* Hygiene rating at all times
- Keeping accurate records, including food hygiene records according to regulators guidance, staff timesheets etc, and provide performance reports as required by the management team
- Supporting and training young people in café-based work experience encouraging them to gain skills and work-based qualifications to improve their employability
- Developing supplier networks and ensure a good reputation for using high quality, locally sourced ingredients
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
- Controlling stock levels, monitoring wastage and ensuring that waste is kept to an absolute minimum.
- Working with the kitchen staff to monitor and purchase food and supplies
- Share good practice when required to the Miracle Café Front of House staff from other venues
- Any other duties proportionate with the role as required by management
Personal requirements, skills & qualifications
||A proven track record of working in a quality hospitality environment
A relevant industry recognised qualification and certificates
|Broad knowledge of baristas and associated equipment management
Passionate about hospitality
|Work Related Experience:
||Management/supervisory experience within the sector
||Management/supervisory experience within a café or restaurant FOH
|Skills/Abilities & Special Attributes:
||Ability to adapt to change
Ability to stay calm under pressure
Good organisational & time management skills
Good communication skills
Work well as a team
||Having a Christian faith & beliefs
||Christian ministry experience